Using central heating for only one radiator? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Using central heating for only one radiator? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeffes

Basically at the moment we dont want to heat the whole house, which includes six radiators, but only want to heat one small sized 800 x 600 radiator in one room, as well as a gas fire in another room.

Now instead of plugging in a 1kw electric oil filled radiator, is it better, in terms of cost wise, to switch all the other radiators off with the thermostatic valves and leave one on?

I understand the water would not have to flow through all the other radiators, im assuming it will just pass through the bottom, am i right? But would it be a bit of a wastage of heat considering that the water has to flow through all the pipes?

no the water will not just pass through the bottom of the radiators with the trvs off. i would turn the trvs down to 1 so that in theory they can still come on in extremely cold weather but for the purpose you want they will be off for all intents and purposes. although the wasted energy used to heat one radiator could be saved by using the electric heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

O
Have you tried waggling the pin on the trv...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Yes I had an ancient boiler set up like that...
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Back