Using fire to heat radiators | Oil and Solid Fuel Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Using fire to heat radiators in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at Plumbers Forums

My current set up (images attached). I can heat my hot water tank (oldWood Fire.jpg) using the coal/wood fire , however how would I be able to use the fire to heat my radiators (7). I have recently moved into the house and I just cant see how its done. What would I need to buy to enable this?

Image descriptions
Coal/Wood Fire - (oldWood Fire.jpg)
Pipes coming from back of fire (pipes.jpg)
Inputs from fire to heat exchange (as I also have an oil boiler) heatingex.jpg
Red pump, pumps the hot water (from the heat exchange) to the radiators

Any help would be fab, thanks :)

Attachments

• heatingex.jpg
    heatingex.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 39
  • hotwatercilnder.jpg
    hotwatercilnder.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 35
  • oldWood Fire.jpg
    oldWood Fire.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 35
  • pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 33
Not sure how he finds your man, but if he hasn’t got qualifications it’s a “No” from me!
Might be a no from you but it still doesnt change the fact that whoever looks at it, they dont need an unvented ticket to look at a vented cylinder.

As to how OP “finds your man” - word of mouth is best.
An experienced ‘old boy’ will quite likely not have done G3 qualifications- but I’d rather have him for this job than a certificated inexperienced newbie.

Similar plumbing topics

Wait until you can get hold of somebody with...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate. Been very lucky, a neighbour...
Replies
Views
Thermal store fits the bill but don’t forget...
Replies
Views
Heating will run until hot gets up to...
Replies
Views
Back