Using magnaclease with no boiler connected ? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Using magnaclease with no boiler connected ? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

Is it possible ? Im talking when the boiler is completly dead or has been taken off the wall ? Could i just get a grundfos and like the flow and return over and put it on max ? Or take the pump head off in the boiler ? And connect a new pump directly of a plug ?

Mmany thanks

You mean to clean the system?

Yes you could circulate the water in the system with no boiler attached, but I see little point!! You would need to loop the pipe work with a pump inbetween, wired to a plug with a low amp fuse.

Why do you want to do this?

I was asked today about hat would i do ? An tbh ive never had to ! But i was alway under the influence u cant really flush a system through without the heating being on to heat up the water ?

You'd be on with it for weeks, without heat any chemical reaction is slower. Hire a powerflushing machine from HSS or your local merchant and do it that way.

will not do system any good as above will just waist your time , get rads of the wall and wash them in the garden then put some x 800 and do a chemical flush will work much better the what you listed in your post ,and dont forget x100

ive got a 3 bar pump which i connect into the system instead of the boiler and use a magnacleanse with the radiator agitator tool and some chemicals with great success and i waste alot less water than with a powerflush (i also have access to a kamco cf90 powerflush machine). ive not once had a problem with this method and i fit either a magnaclean / tf1 etc to every boiler too and when checked a year down the line theres been no more debris on it than you'd expect. my general theory is if a 3 bar pump and agitator tool leaves any debris behind what so ever then a circulatory pump isnt going to dislodge it and even if it does get any bits at all left over it gets collected in the magnaclean. so i give this approach the thumbs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

here is an update of job finished , i ran a...
Replies
Views
Any gas boiler's HEX can stand a static head...
Replies
Views
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
Back