Using mapress tool on xpress pipe? | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Using mapress tool on xpress pipe? in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

Jimbob

Gas Engineer
Anybody had any issues with doing this? Completed an install to find a loads of problems with only 67mm fittings. Never had any issues with Mapress previously and this is our first time using xpress fittings. We're very careful reeming pipe etc but the tool doesn't seem to be crushing the fittings down in this size like it does the 50mm and 42mm. Anybody had any experience with this? Will be getting onto xpress on Monday.

Yes mapress is definitely better. Not happy with the xpress at all. They look like they haven't correctly crimped in that particular size - you can see gaps on the fitting where you can see the oring.

We carefully deburred the pipe and lubricated all the o rings. Pretty annoying

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I’ve heard that but only when you crimp on 3/4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks - you're right, we had a plumber round...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will do, I shall try that. Thank you for your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
These have been around for years...great on...
Replies
Views
Back