Using old copper pipes for drinking water | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Using old copper pipes for drinking water in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

D

dubman

I have some spare 15mm copper pipes which I used for a few years in the heating system (ofch), to carry water in a sealed system. Would it be ok to add these pipes in the drinking water system?

yea....eventhough it would be for water going to a toilet tap, so do you think it would be ok to use new pipe as far as the tap , and from there to continue with the ex-heating pipe to a new toilet? Which is where that line would end.

Upvote 0
For the cost of a bit of copper or even a lot of copper it's not worth it. How do you know what condition the pipe was in when you took it out? It may have been about to pinhole.

Mike

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thank you ! How about a 15mm to 1/2 coupler as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Same as the tiles and tub it’s one of them if...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Doesn’t really answer any of my questions but...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Tbh give them all a good flush / run you will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Best you contact Daikin and see what they say...
Replies
Views
Back