UVHWC with low flow and pressure? | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss UVHWC with low flow and pressure? in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What would be the lowest flow and pressure you would fit an unvented cylinder onto?
Just doing a quote for a house with a bathroom, en-suite, WC and kitchen so not ideal for a combi.

2.5 bar standing, 2 bar with taps open
16LPM
25mm blue poly incoming main.

Currently got a heat only with OV cylinder and shower pump but it needs replacing and they want the loft clear for future plans.

I generally look for 20-25 l/min, most manufacturer's will quote that as being the minimum too. Explain the pros and cons, free up loft space but potentially cant have two showers running at the same time. Or look to fit an accumulator etc to help maintain flow rate with multiple outlets open.

2 bar minimum 1.5 bar (dynamic) and 20 lpm else you would be better fitting a combi

you got space for an accumulator ?

Would just fit a 111 then great upto 18lpm

Similar plumbing topics

It won't work I wouldn't expect. NRV's...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
  • Question
Good point well made. I’m going back there to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You'd need to seek advice from a competent...
Replies
Views
Back