Vailant Ecotec Plus 630 Slow Heat up | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vailant Ecotec Plus 630 Slow Heat up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Vailant Ecotec 630 which was fitted about 8 months ago. It has behaved strangely from new and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas. The heating engineer who fitted it claims that it's working fine. When heating is demanded the boiler fires but the burner is modulated down to a low level and the flow temperature rises only very, very slowly. It stays like this for at least 15 minutes before eventually the burner power increases and the flow temperature hits 75 degrees, which is the set point. The consequence of this is that the house takes much longer to heat up than it needs to.

Any ideas on what could be causing this, or how I can convince the heating engineer that this is not acceptable?

Cheers,

U.

Get ur manual out and have a read. Sounds like partial load set too low. As a test push the two buttons below display and hold them together for 5+ seconds boiler will go in to chimney sweep mode. System should heat pretty rapido! (Do it when house / system is cold)

He got info from valliant website? Or thought big is better. It's a 2 up 2 down with 3 600*600 singles and a 55l croppie cylinder.
You must have the same crystal ball as I have, Ermi LOL !! Although I think you missed the other 300 x 300 P1 in the shower room.

Last edited:
Check the wiring, have had electricians wire them with only 1 live and no permanent live. Thus when the clock switches off and then back on the boiler goes back to condensate fill (15 min).

To the op, when the time clock switches off does the display on the boiler stay on or go off?

The boiler is in a 6 bedroom South London Semi. It was sized by the heating engineer.

Check the wiring, have had electricians wire them with only 1 live and no permanent live. Thus when the clock switches off and then back on the boiler goes back to condensate fill (15 min).

To the op, when the time clock switches off does the display on the boiler stay on or go off?

It stays on.

The power to the boiler is not switched by the thermostat - the boiler is (correctly) permanently powered with the thermostat just controlling the beat demand.

U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a TURBOMax Plus 828E in a small...
Replies
Views
just turned off the controls and temps sky...
Replies
Views
  • Question
When you get a chance, it would be interesting...
Replies
Views
Yes, otherwise they'd never meet regs. Doing...
Replies
Views
Back