Vaillant 418 ecotec & Boiler mate ll seem to have a pump problem on B M ll Help!!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant 418 ecotec & Boiler mate ll seem to have a pump problem on B M ll Help!!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gardner

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but could do with some Help & sound advice on my heating system I had a Baxi Solo gas boiler running with my boiler mate ll then we changed to a vaillant 418 ecotec boiler but now im having trouble with lower pump on BM ll it seems to vibrate along with the pipe and makes a noisy droning sound only when the heating is on or we draw hot water to shower etc it sounds like air in the system plumber fitted automatic air vents bled rads I have also noticed that thermostat on B M ll is switched to minimum setting summer mode only on one click otherwise green neon will not go out my only concern has the boiler been wired up correctly there's a 4 core cable only 3 wires are being used which are green or a yellow colour blue & earth there's a red wire folded back out of the way should this be used as it was on the Baxi solo

Re: Vaillant 418 ecotec & Boiler mate ll seem to have a pump problem on B M ll Help!

I would imagine the vaillant needs a five core cable

live
neutral
earth
switch live
pump live

I wait to be corrected on this.

This wouldnt make the pump/pipe vibrate though, could be air, try adjusting the pump speed

Re: Vaillant 418 ecotec & Boiler mate ll seem to have a pump problem on B M ll Help!

Thanks for replying what a fantastic site this is to help and advise others on there problems
I would imagine the vaillant needs a five core cable

live
neutral
earth
switch live
pump live

I wait to be corrected on this.

This wouldnt make the pump/pipe vibrate though, could be air, try adjusting the pump speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
R
No boiler repair advice will be given on the...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
S
Hi can you look in the junction in the...
Replies
Views
learnplum
L
M
Hi Missplumb, You are right about the...
Replies
Views
diamondgas
D
F
sorry fuzzy you can use the earth wire for...
Replies
Views
uug197h
U
Back