Vaillant aqua plus water pressure low | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant aqua plus water pressure low in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, my ten plus year old Vaillant aqua plus boiler water pressure is low, however its not a conventional valve top open, I've purchased a
key filling valve - below, unfortunately it doesn't fit the valve due to valve being previously opened with a flat screwdriver which has misshaped/worn out the valve. I've read somewhere that I could leave one end of the loop open to slowly increase pressure, is this correct? I've uploaded a photo if anyone can help!

VAILLANT AQUA PLUS VUI 362-7 & 362-7 R3 FILLING VALVE HANDLE KEY 125151 ORIGINAL | eBay

20190509_192632.jpg

No David not a good idea,
1. The Water Regulations state the flexible loop should be removed in-between use, of course nobody does but leaving one side open all the time increases the chances of the other valve letting-by & overfilling your system or allowing back flow of dirty heating water back into contaminate the drinking mains.
2. The flexible filling hose may burst under the mains pressure if one side is left open.
The answer is to leave the one in the boiler with both valves closed and add a Part L complaint filling loop to the system, if you have room below the boiler.

Thanks, got a local plumber in to look at the problem. Unfortunately looks like a wider issue with the boiler where a load of gunk from the very old radiators has got into the system. Though the plumber first added a filling loop and drained the system, whats odd is the loop is connected below the filter which I'm not sure would have led to the boiler being full of gunk in the first place. I'm not a plumber so obviously dont know these things. Your help is much appreciated.

20190515_063701.jpg

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you got any updates on this?
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Has anything been changed, or added recently?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Check the magna valves.
Replies
Views
Back