vaillant blew up! eco Tec plus 831 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss vaillant blew up! eco Tec plus 831 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
custard rang last week, boiler is going out intermittently, he can't remember the fault code... so I take a look, stuck it on chimney sweep to see if anything is untoward. Nothing fires runs... then it went to F75... so I said I'll come back with the flow switch and recommend a drain down and flush out, fresh chemicals... one thing and another, planned to go Monday. Last night he rang to say the boiler had literally blown up, bit red flash of flames and conked, He turned off gas and electric- lucky sensible chap. F29 fault.
Has anyone had this before? Thought boilers failed to safe?

Seen it with the old ones eg didn’t have the g10 gasket changed flames coming out of the front of the boiler etc

I've seen a couple with explosive ignition due to a faulty PCB.
They were running through the ignition sequence but not igniting due to lack of spark until the very last second. The chamber was filled with Gas air mixture when the spark finally appeared and they went with a bang. A scary bang too.

Similar plumbing topics

Success! Mr Gas-Safe turned up and spotted...
Replies
Views
Thanks on removal the filter was clean also...
Replies
Views
I think its a pressure loss issue, it’s...
Replies
Views
M
We cannot and will not give advice on the...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
T
You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back