Vaillant boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

Been to 2 radiator jobs this week and both were Vaillant boilers, both customers requested that boiler was filled to 1.8/ 1.9 bar.

one of the boilers come up with F75 code until I put pressure up.

Any ideas why Vaillant boilers are 1.8 bar when other boilers are 1 bar please?

i remembre some one saying here is that they have a problem with pressure sensor , and if pressure drops below 1.5bar F75 comees up

ok cheers guys, never needed to read the manuals, but will take a look next time.

Pressure should be set to 1 bar as normal, I don't know where you got 1.5 from

Customer asked you to fill to 1.5?

Just checked manual. 1 - 2 bar

I would have thought, unless you were struggling to get up to top rads, 1 bar would be preferable to allow for more expansion.

Still could be wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I am aware, most of the vaillants I have worked on anyway, are no different to the norm and I normally go the the usual 1.5 bar. Round about middle of grey area on dial.
If you are getting the F75 fault when just bellow the 1.5 bar the pressure sensor is faulty.

The sensors are very sensitive to dirt and have replaced a few on newish boilers.

Would recommend a magnafilter or the like on any new vaillants.

As far as I am aware, most of the vaillants I have worked on anyway, are no different to the norm and I normally go the the usual 1.5 bar. Round about middle of grey area on dial.
If you are getting the F75 fault when just bellow the 1.5 bar the pressure sensor is faulty.

The sensors are very sensitive to dirt and have replaced a few on newish boilers.

Would recommend a magnafilter or the like on any new vaillants.
its a common fault due to the position of the switch on the pipework esp in boilers fitted in lofts .
change the switch and i would recommend changing to solid copper pipes as the rubber sections have proved to be places for dirt to build up and can split.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
Back