Vaillant combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rutterkyn

Hi Everyone
Got two problems with my vaillant turbomax combi boiler, Was looking for a bit of advice.
Problem

1/ Got nice hot water downstairs, But in the bathroom water only gets hot when its trickling out the tap, soon as you open the tap up a bit more it goes cold. Had a heating engineer out to look at it and i was told it is because between the boiler (which is in the kitchen) and the bathroom the hot pipe is a 22mm pipe and should be a 15mm pipe and the boiler cannot heat the water quick enough. Could this be right?

2/ When turning the heating thermostat up in the living room you can hear it click to tell the boiler to fire up but nothing happens. And of course when the engineer checked this it didnt do it, which made me look like a bit of an idiot..lol. But its back to playing up again.
Any help or advice would be much appreiciated
Thanks
Rutterkyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone
Got two problems with my vaillant turbomax combi boiler, Was looking for a bit of advice.
Problem

1/ Got nice hot water downstairs, But in the bathroom water only gets hot when its trickling out the tap, soon as you open the tap up a bit more it goes cold. Had a heating engineer out to look at it and i was told it is because between the boiler (which is in the kitchen) and the bathroom the hot pipe is a 22mm pipe and should be a 15mm pipe and the boiler cannot heat the water quick enough. Could this be right?

well if you have 22mm pipework ,it should still get hot,it will just take longer as obviously more water sitting in the 22mm pipework than if 15mm

It could just be to much flow rate through bathroom outlets or if you have a shower fitted,this could be by passing cold and pre mixing with hot before it comes out of taps,have had this quite often with non return valves faulty on showers

2/ When turning the heating thermostat up in the living room you can hear it click to tell the boiler to fire up but nothing happens. And of course when the engineer checked this it didnt do it, which made me look like a bit of an idiot..lol. But its back to playing up again.

Don't we just love intermittent faults, can be so frustrating ,first simple thing is to check pressure is up to 1.5 bar, these boilers do not like it to low, could be the pump flow switch, or even relay on pcb faulty,next time it happens see if rad light comes on ,on the front of boiler,this way it will help to know if internal ar external fault, it can really be a case hope it happening when plumberis there
Thanks
Rutterkyn

hope you get sorted

hope you get sorted

Thanks very much for your help, I have got a shower which runs off the boiler and it works fine, and do not have a blending valve. As for the heating when thermostat clicks to turn boiler on the red radiator light is on but doesnt fire up.
Thanks
Rutterkyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Thanks a lot for your help
Replies
Views
Best to get a gas safe engineer or vaillant...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Back