vaillant combi controls/zoning query. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss vaillant combi controls/zoning query. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

S.P.S.

Gas Engineer
Evening.

I am just quoting for a new install, it’s going to be the Vaillant Ecotec plus 938 combination store boiler. Upstairs will be radiators, and downstairs will be UFH. It will be split with 2 x zone valves, with independent controls.

Also before someone says put in an unvented, I’ve tried explaining that route would be best, but they don’t want it!

I need to provide the customer with basic, easy to use controls. They have stated they “don’t want non of these complicated smart things”
They are an older customer who doesn’t use smart phones you see.

My dilemma is, I would have normally gone with Vaillant’s controls, (vet350f) for ease of installation and compliance with boiler plus. But I’m not sure how/if it’s possible to integrate the zone valves/ufh etc with their 24v controls.....??

Any suggestions on how I can achieve this?

I haven’t looked to much into it, thought I’d ask here first! As the last time I zoned a combi with UFH was before boiler plus was introduced, so didn’t have to worry about compliance!!!!

Cheers

Stu.

Sorry Shaun, slight misunderatanding there, I know how to connect external 230v controls and how to wire up the S plan side of things, the question is more, what prog/stat can I use to comply with boiler plus, that isn’t a smart control? as I can’t use the vrt350f with zones, being bus/24v.? Unless I am mistaken?

Cheers.

Don't take my word for it but maybe worth asking vaillant.
The ecotec 843 exclusive green iq has built in flue gas recovery. Would this not automatically pass boiler plus regs so you can then fit any timer/stat you want?
It delivers 17.something ltrs a min so not quite as good as the 938 but still impressive.

Similar plumbing topics

Assume a 25kw boiler with a minimum output of...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking at having controls replaced /...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, this was a brilliantly explained post...
Replies
Views
Like I said, really can't comment on the Blue...
Replies
Views
Yes it does. I don't know I can't add a link...
Replies
Views
Back