Vaillant Eco Tec 24:how does room thermostat control correlate to temp set on boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant Eco Tec 24:how does room thermostat control correlate to temp set on boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

homeowner

Final question if I may – how does the heating temperature programmed in on the actual boiler correlate with my room thermostat control system?I set the heating temp on the boiler to 50. Yet my room thermostat goes to 30 only. I usually have my heating on (if at all) set to around 18 or 20 at the room thermostat control system to keep bills down.Having consulted the manual again, it says – I think – that if I have a room stat, I should programme the heating temp on the boiler to the max (75?) and that the actual room temp is set by the room thermostat? I don’t understand this; is it not a waste of energy if the boiler is being made to heat to the max, but I only want 20 degrees and set the room thermostat to 20? Why not programme it to 30 on the boiler so that it correlates with the room thermostat control system?

Re: Vaillant Eco Tec 24:how does room thermostat control correlate to temp set on boi

Think of it as your room stat being your main control.

And the boiler stat controlling the heat of the water in the system.

You set your room stat at 20degC (for example) and the boiler will run until that temperature is achieved.

The higher you have your boiler stat the sooner the room stat is satisfied.

Don't turn the boiler stat too high though, 75degC is plenty.

Re: Vaillant Eco Tec 24:how does room thermostat control correlate to temp set on boi

the hotter the boiler output the hotter your rads which as croppie says means the quicker your room heats up. But 75 or over and grannie and the kids stick to the rads!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the helpful replies. So there's no compelling reason to set the temp on the boiler to the max as the manual says.

The manual could be better - for example it tells you when to adjust the pressure, then doesn't really tell you how, just says 'ask your installer to show you'. Well i did and the answer was "you shouldn't need to". Well i want to because it is only at ,9 and should be between 1 and 1,5?

I know there are the 2 taps/valves that need to be turned, however i only saw them turning one when filling. This leads me to think 1 is open and 1 is shut when both should be shut at present.

Also, the little dial is tucked away inside in this model - out of view, which is not particularly helpful. There is just the digital symbol visible. I'm already missing my old Ariston, believe it or not

Re the temperature on the boiler stat .The reason its recommended to a higher setting is that this prevents the boiler from cycling ie swtiching on and off frequently ,and this in time could affect the boiler. To add to this that before modulating gas valves this was a preferred setting reccommended by the manufacturers. Feegs .

Thanks for the helpful replies. So there's no compelling reason to set the temp on the boiler to the max as the manual says.

The manual could be better - for example it tells you when to adjust the pressure, then doesn't really tell you how, just says 'ask your installer to show you'. Well i did and the answer was "you shouldn't need to". Well i want to because it is only at ,9 and should be between 1 and 1,5?

I know there are the 2 taps/valves that need to be turned, however i only saw them turning one when filling. This leads me to think 1 is open and 1 is shut when both should be shut at present.

Also, the little dial is tucked away inside in this model - out of view, which is not particularly helpful. There is just the digital symbol visible. I'm already missing my old Ariston, believe it or not

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Stop worrying .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you read the installation bumf (See...
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
B
To expand slightly on @John.g's answer, many...
Replies
Views
Back