Vaillant Eco Tec Plus 637 and Unistor query | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant Eco Tec Plus 637 and Unistor query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uncleg

Hi,

I inherited this sytems after moving which is fairly new but had no one exaplin how it works. I have a room thermno in the hall and trv on most rads.

I have worked this out now but have one query. On the eco tec the HW dial is redundant as water is heated in the UNIstor set at 60c. The CH dial on the eco tec is bascially for how hot you want the rads and it is dependant upon seasons, so higher when in winter etc....

my question is that when it was cold recently I increased this, but it also increased how hot the water was when I was showering - is this an issue/has this been set up wrong?

Please can someone assist.

Thanks

Hi,

I inherited this sytems after moving which is fairly new but had no one exaplin how it works. I have a room thermno in the hall and trv on most rads.

I have worked this out now but have one query. On the eco tec the HW dial is redundant as water is heated in the UNIstor set at 60c. The CH dial on the eco tec is bascially for how hot you want the rads and it is dependant upon seasons, so higher when in winter etc....

my question is that when it was cold recently I increased this, but it also increased how hot the water was when I was showering - is this an issue/has this been set up wrong?

Please can someone assist.

Thanks
imnot sure what a unistor is but whatever system the water shoiuld have seperate temperature control
one thing i did think of was if your boiler was set below 60 then the hot water possibly wasnt reaching 6o to start with and upping the boiler temp wouyld then raise the water temp

Thanks

Unistor is like megaflow. Its a hw cylinder in the garage which I have set to 60c

I thought cold water from the mains goes into here and water heats up in here and
Then is sent to the taps etc, so the temp on the boiler for the rads should
Have no effect, unless I am missing something??

Thanks

Vaillant have options on there boilers to control the temp of the Hot Water in the cylinder via low voltage controls. Nothing wrong with the way yours is set up though

thank all for your replies.

Last night I turned the rad temp dial on the bolier down but kept the temp on the cyclinder to 60c as I have always done.

The water as expected was not at hot as normal, I can not understand why changing the temp on the boiler for the radiators is changing the temp of the hot water. The bolier does have a temparature dial for HW, but this is kept at approx 9oclock and has not been touched for a while?

Very confused!:confused: When i turn the dial on the cylinder, bit like a room thermo it clicks at approx 45/50c even though I have it as 60c. I thought that cold water enters here and is heated to whatever the temp is set at? so it does not matter about the temp of the water from the boiler?

Help appreciated as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you got any updates on this?
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Suggest changing the Kw from Auto to 6kw, also...
Replies
Views
Just an update, went there today and all...
Replies
Views
Back