vaillant ecomax boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss vaillant ecomax boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

varley16

hello, im new to the forums and after some advise. i know nothing about boilers, not my trade.

My boiler is leaking, and i found the pipe that goes through the wall to be frozen solid, i removed this and de-iced it, ive found that the boiler continues to leak, and has gotten worst, so i had to remove the cover to see whats going on.

this is the best way i can explain it, there the unit at the top that has a pipe coming out of it at the bottom of this unit, its secured with a white plastic nut that has a sleeve and a seal on it, looks about a 28mm nut. the bottom of this is secured to the pipe below that by a C-clip, anyway this nut has split.

is there anywhere i can order it online, ive had a look at vaillant website but theres no pics so im struggling.

any help will be appreciated, and i can upload pics if required.

thanks

01012011691.jpg

01012011690.jpg

changed loads of these, its condensate trap union. make sure you get correct part no as they often send the trap and no union nut!

thats part of the condense trap not sure if you no that only gas safe engineers are allowed to remove boiler casings ???

yes i know that, but when i have water leaking in my own home and causing damage then it had to be done, also the power was cut off, and pressure removed from the boiler.

as said your ok to shut water/electric off and drain system but the casing is part of the seal that makes that boiler room sealed, i no its unlikely but you could endanger anyone in the property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Best to get a gas safe engineer or vaillant...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Basher I'll see if the part you suggest...
Replies
Views
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
Pump/feed/expansion are piped/in wrong...
Replies
Views
Back