Vaillant EcoPro 28 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant EcoPro 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had BG rescue me from a flood from heat exchanger, as part of the service he recommended that I have fitted a SpiroTech sludge filter at a cost from BG of £200+.Are filters a good idea and are Spirotech any good? Whole system is 5 years old.Thanks.

They are good but no substitute for a well dosed/clean system (inhibitor)

200 is a bit pricey.
You should post where you are and one of the forum experts may be local to you for a fraction of the cost.

? How did they save you a flood from the heat exchanger??

And would recommend an adey pro 2 much better than the spiro

And price is about right 200-250

When the system was installed they used Plumbcenter cleaner and then inhibitor and I have only used the fill loop once in the 5 years. I live in Caister on Sea in Norfolk.

I will fit you one i am local to you in Bradwell price is about right cheers wayne (matrix multi services )pm me if you want

The flood from the heat exchanger was novel. 5pm on friday I noticed a colour change on the hallway carpet, stepped on it and it squelched. Open cupboard door and floor is awash and multiple drips from casing front edge. I have no service contract on boiler so rang local recommended business but he is too busy and says call Vaillant or BG. I thought BG would have more resource to respond so rang BG. They explained the options available and I chose the fixed price repair/service and 12 month contract.( I knew the leak was mains related as the pressure had not reduced and it was leaking at least 1 litre/hour ,but not from the visible pipework) 12o'clock Saturday BG arrive and start looking for leak. He cann't find but there is lots of water sprayed over the lower half of the cabinet,so he isolates the mains supply and the leaking slows then stops. Lots of paper towel later he says he thinks the H/E is the problem, he was able to tighten the 4 corner screws that clamp the 2 halves of H/E together, restored mains and no leaks. Happy Days.

You were lucky, I would say get the plate washers replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
turned out to be a small section of pipe at...
Replies
Views
  • Question
£330 And tbh finding a good service engineer...
Replies
Views
As suggested, seriously condsider sealing your...
Replies
Views
The radiator heating temperature for a...
Replies
Views
WPJ Plumbing
W
Back