Vaillant ecotec 831 F61 fault | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant ecotec 831 F61 fault in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Leeukguy

Gas Engineer
Just wondered if anybody could help me with this one....... or advise...

Called out to an ecotec 831. fault code F61.

The gas valve had been changed by a third party a week before...

I checked the ignition electrodes and they were caked in sh*t. Cleaned and fired back up.

Advised customer a full strip down and service new seals etc... Never had it done before....

The customer then mentioned he's had a series of faults show the last month prior to new gas valve. F61. F29. F27. F62

Sounds to me like the PCB is on its way out.... What do you guys think?

cheers

Yep do you know if it was a recon board tbh I normally send them on a fixed price repair to vaillant

Then if the gas valve is faulty or fan or both it’s not my pocket that’s hurt

Recon board? GV replaced - any or all of those F codes - pcb for me all day.

Reconditioned pcb there’s a few company’s that do it I wouldn’t tho

No neither would I, but what I’m saying is no board has been fitted, or were you merely suggesting it?

I think the op has edited it as I’m sure it read pcb and not gas valve

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all, So just had power restored again...
Replies
Views
[F.54 Gas pressure fault (in combination with...
Replies
Views
Might be off here, but some older boards have...
Replies
Views
As above. I have only seen it on the old...
Replies
Views
Its Autumn temps are heading down and a one...
Replies
Views
Back