Vaillant ecotec boiler continues to fire even when off | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant ecotec boiler continues to fire even when off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Penge Mate

I've recently had a Vaillant 618 ecotec plus system boiler fitted using the existing 10 year old controls: wall and cylinder stat, motorised valves, Honeywell wiring centre in the airing cupboard, and Drayton Tempus Seven programmer. Even when the heating or hot water are off at the controller the boiler fires to keep the water in the boiler at the temperature set on the boiler thermostat; leaving to one side the delay in the boiler getting going after the wall stat (and motorised valve) has clicked on, the boiler doesn't shut down when the stat has switched off - the boiler continues to fire until - presumably - something switches it off. Is the wiring wrong, or should I bite the bullet, follow previous blogs and get a VR65 and 140 timeswitch fitted? Help please!

It sounds like your diverter is sending power down to the boiler check to make sure your diverter valve is not jammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Yep I think that’s got to be the next step. I...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Back