Vaillant ecotec f61fault , | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant ecotec f61fault , in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

wnjswozo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Any heads up on this fault f61 , it's on a 831 ecotec, got to go tomorrow ,so any advice , much appreciated

Heating on watch the temps if they jump it's pcb eg go from 30-60 but can be 60-65 etc

Watch for 10 mins

Most likely it will be a duff PCB. But check your polarity, earth continuity and see if the gas valve is opening and closing.

Listed below is from the manual.

F.61

Gas–valve control defective

Short circuit/earth (ground) leak in cable harness to gas valves, gas valve assembly defective (earth/ground leak from coils), electronic control system defective.

It’s very likely that’s the pcb it has something to do with the low voltage. If it’s intermittent then I would take a cup of tea and watch if temperature jumps quite rapidly. If that’s the case stick a new pcb in.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
£330 And tbh finding a good service engineer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Surely the 1.97V indicates a problem! I would...
Replies
Views
J
Morning all, My Vallient Ecotec Plus 831 is...
Replies
Views
J Hughes
J
Back