Vaillant ecoTec fault signal | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant ecoTec fault signal in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Does the Vaillant ecoTec have an output that I can connect to an external buzzer to alert me when it’s shut down with a fault?

I find my wife performs that function
Nothing I’m aware of, but you can get audible alarms for condensate pumps. Any reason? They normally come up with a Fault code.
It always shows a fault code, but you have to look for it. So the first I know is when I’m standing in a lukewarm shower or my wife complains that the house has gone cold. I’m looking for an early warning to make life easier.

Vaillant VR40 accessory module. It will let you output ultra low voltage on fault condition.

I set up 3 orange strobes in a buildings office connected to 3 separate VR40’s (1 in each of 3 boilers).

This allowed the site manager to see when a boiler had gone down without going to the boiler house.

Vaillant VR40 accessory module. It will let you output ultra low voltage on fault condition.

I set up 3 orange strobes in a buildings office connected to 3 separate VR40’s (1 in each of 3 boilers).

This allowed the site manager to see when a boiler had gone down without going to the boiler house.
Thanks. Sounds just what I need. Based on my experience of VaIllant, that building must be lit up like a Christmas tree.

Thanks. Sounds just what I need. Based on my experience of VaIllant, that building must be lit up like a Christmas tree.

That’s an opinion I don’t often come across. How come you’ve had enough issues with Vaillant to garner your opinion?

I get people have their preferred manufacturers and I’m biased (Vaillant approved), but I have very few issues with the ones I fit.

That’s an opinion I don’t often come across. How come you’ve had enough issues with Vaillant to garner your opinion?

I get people have their preferred manufacturers and I’m biased (Vaillant approved), but I have very few issues with the ones I fit.

Very little experience to be honest. I’ve had this boiler for less than three months and it’s shut down at least seven times with a variety of codes. Three engineer visits have failed to rectify it. The blasted thing seems to be too sensitive to its environment. Maybe I’m just unlucky, but if it’s going to keep turning off on a whim I really need an audible fault warning.

Similar plumbing topics

Assume a 25kw boiler with a minimum output of...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that - it's now sorted.
Replies
Views
Hi There, What did you decide to do in the end?
Replies
Views
You’re welcome. Glad it was the right one too.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
J
Morning all, My Vallient Ecotec Plus 831 is...
Replies
Views
J Hughes
J
Back