Vaillant Ecotec Plus 430 - fan starts up briefly in middle of the night | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant Ecotec Plus 430 - fan starts up briefly in middle of the night in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help solve a mystery. I've a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 430 boiler (installed as an unvented system) that's about 3 years old and apparently working well.
However, in recent months I've occasionally been woken by the boiler fan
suddenly starting up in middle of the night, just for 30 seconds or so, for no apparent reason. At least, I assume it's the fan; a quiet, high-pitched whine that first rises in pitch as it speeds up, then steady for a few seconds, then falls away as it slows to silent again.
At first I thought I must be dreaming it, but I've heard it often enough now to be certain it's real. The problem is that, by the time I'm awake enough to be aware, it's only a few seconds before it stops again and I can't get to the boiler in time to check the display.
My timeswitch is definitely NOT calling for heating or water in the small hours. I've never heard it twice in the same night and I reckon it's probably only occasional nights it does it.
I rang Vaillant's homeowner technical line and all they could suggest was that it might be something to do with the boiler entering "burner anti-cycling" mode, and to look for an egg-timer icon on the display. But they couldn't explain why a boiler that had last fired at least 6-8 hours previously would suddenly decide to enter this mode (nor why it would lead to the fan starting up briefly).
Anyone come across this before?

Similar plumbing topics

well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
Yep I think that’s got to be the next step. I...
Replies
Views
A
TRVs open? Any other valves been touched?
Replies
Views
  • Question
When you get a chance, it would be interesting...
Replies
Views
Back