Vaillant EcoTec Plus 615 - F32 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant EcoTec Plus 615 - F32 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

EvilDrPorkChop

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Was called out to this today. Earlier in the week the boiler had leaked and the guy had an emergency plumber out who proceeded to repair the leak, replace the PCB and charge the guy £900 to then tell him the boiler isn't working and needs a new fan. It did need a new fan (They wanted to charge another £440), so i've put one in for him. All good and working (All checked out with 26.9 checks fine) but the guy has rung saying that it's now doing F.32 again and won't reset or fire.

Surely the second fan couldn't have gone? Anyone had F.32 with the gas valve etc. as it's the only other thing I can thing of that would have got wet. Going to ring him in morning to see if he can hear the fan running outside when it's trying to go through its modes.

Any thoughts?

Having worked mainly on the Ecotec pro (very similar), I’ve only had it with fan wiring harness and pcb. Did the pcb look new? Did the wiring look ok or get wet?

Probably, there was water still in the boiler when I attended and that’s from days ago.
PCB looked ok, hard to tell but looked pretty new. My main concern is stick another fan in and it does the same again, it ain’t close to home either so it’s a trek to get there.

Went back out with another Fan. Seemed the first had popped, advised that really he needed a new boiler but i'd swap the fan again however if anything else further happened he'd be needing a new boiler. So swapped the fan out, tested all out again, all fine. Ran fine all day on HW, he's put heating on last night and then he messaged last night to say water is p*****g out the bottom again (Probably recking another fan). So either there's a problem somewhere or the original guy hadn't repaired the leak correctly (As i've only replaced the fan).

He's had a builder move a rad which is ringing alarm bells, but even if the system was blocked somewhere (A gate valve shut etc.) then it's got an internal bypass and the PRV would just blow off if pressure got high, so not sure why it would leak on just heating.

No rubber hoses and the internal condensate pipe looked OK when I was there. Only thing I can maybe think of is whether the waste pipe is blocked/cut off that the condensate goes into (Builder is doing kitchen), i'll have to ask him if pressure has gone down. If not that might be the cause.

Similar plumbing topics

well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Best to get a gas safe engineer or vaillant...
Replies
Views
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
Like a Trombone, yes. Please take this into...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you got any updates on this?
Replies
Views
Back