Vaillant ecotec plus 824 r1 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant ecotec plus 824 r1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitenbulsara

Gas Engineer
I have a few questions regarding common issues on the 824 r1
Expansion v flat so re charged n holding
Flow hot n returns good
It has the rubber hose at both rear ends

Is the vaillant with main heat exchanger issues and was there a fix for the rubber hose or is this down to the owner as they do go hard and can burst?
Any info would be great
Thanks

Best to replace them if there's a problem. They can corrode inside ( mesh strengthener) and partially block the hose, plus as you said, they can burst although I have never seen that happen ( I've heard a few say it though).

The Wilo pumps that were originally installed in these tend to breakdown and were replaced with a grundfoss kit ( about £140!!!! ). You can get replacement copper pipes for the rubber hoses for around £100!!! but the rubber replacements are around £15. I'm sure you must know about the pressure sensor and the F75 fault!!!
The EVs go flat on these quite quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in...
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
Check the magna valves.
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the advice. So spoke...
Replies
Views
Back