vaillant ecotec plus best controls | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss vaillant ecotec plus best controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi im fitting a vaillant next week i was going to fit the vr350f prog w/less rm stat. i downloaded the user guide to have a look & it seems quite complicated???

Last time i fitted the new eco tec i used the honeywell prog w/less stat which is fine but it was a bit tricky to wire up as it seemed vaillant had made it really easy to fit there own controls but not to fit one from the third party.

Is there anybody who fits a lot of vaillants & what controls do you use? Am i going to have to go back a lot to show the customer how to use it?

Thanks

Honeywell any day of the week, the end user can understand them, especially if they are old aged. I too fit along side the big v's. no call backs with honeywell.

Hi im fitting a vaillant next week i was going to fit the vr350f prog w/less rm stat. i downloaded the user guide to have a look & it seems quite complicated???

Last time i fitted the new eco tec i used the honeywell prog w/less stat which is fine but it was a bit tricky to wire up as it seemed vaillant had made it really easy to fit there own controls but not to fit one from the third party.

Is there anybody who fits a lot of vaillants & what controls do you use? Am i going to have to go back a lot to show the customer how to use it?

Thanks

Unless the customer is adamant about simplicity, I always fit the weather compensating controls - VRC 470 etc. After explaining the benefits, customers are generally very keen.

Fit anything except Vaillant controls. If you do you will be off your head trying to explain them and you will have return visits to explain it again.
Who designs this stuff? Some 18 year old on a playstation?
Same with their new boiler controls. What was wrong with dials? Old(er) people don't like buttons and menus and can't get their heads around them. I no longer fit vaillants unless specifically requested, for that reason alone.

Fit anything except Vaillant controls. If you do you will be off your head trying to explain them and you will have return visits to explain it again.
Who designs this stuff? Some 18 year old on a playstation?
Same with their new boiler controls. What was wrong with dials? Old(er) people don't like buttons and menus and can't get their heads around them. I no longer fit vaillants unless specifically requested, for that reason alone.

Yeah I hate the new buttons. Terrible.

Iv always fitted a honeywell remote programmer with vailliant ecotec in the past on a few systems. Easy peasy. Iv got pictures somewhere if you need them??

Thanks for the replys sorry I ain't been on for a while.

next week I'm fitting 2, a 824 plus and a 831. I'm going to use one Honeywell and one vaillant see how I get on.

after today I think I may go over to vaillant, I was fitting a trusty old duo tec 1 and on the return on the jig the nut was too big, god knows how it got there.

luckily I had a spare jig in the garage, so pinched one off that. Stuff like that winds me up as it could if been a nightmare. Tbh even with a 7 year warranty I'm struggling to sell a baxi these days people want vaillant or Worcester & I aint fitting one of them.

how do guys get on with vaillant? Is it worth bothering with the pro models?

Vaillant are okay but I have two problems with them.

1. Vaillant will try to steal your service and repair work.
2. Their control panel is now so complicated, most customers won't be able to get their head round it.

I don't rate the pro much, only the plus.

Vaillant are okay but I have two problems with them.

1. Vaillant will try to steal your service and repair work.
2. Their control panel is now so complicated, most customers won't be able to get their head round it.

I don't rate the pro much, only the plus.
with you 100% TB

Just an update, vaillant controls were good easy too fit prob better than Honeywell as you can do more stuff with them. But there bloody massive! The wireless unit you screw on the wall is huge!

I'm fitting vaillant from now on really impressed signed up for advance scheme, prob look at going on a vaillant course

Vaillant are the best boiler at the minute but not their controls fit about 50 a year have not had one callout in 3 years and wont have any<touch wood>.

we only fit vaillants at the moment and what happened to user friendly dials i dont know, even on heating only boilers they couldnt be arsed to get rid of the hw dial to plenty of cust confusion. Britain needs analouge timers and room stats unless customer wants more technical controls..

Just fitted a 418 today for an old guy and took me 10 minutes to explain the HW dial doesn't apply to your boiler. The offset flue also ****es me off as does stripping half the boiler down to get into the test nipple on the gas valve. The biggest **** me off is the buttons instead of dials on the combi's.
But at the end of the day if you ask for it i'll take your money.

Just fitted a 418 today for an old guy and took me 10 minutes to explain the HW dial doesn't apply to your boiler. The offset flue also ****es me off as does stripping half the boiler down to get into the test nipple on the gas valve. The biggest **** me off is the buttons instead of dials on the combi's.
But at the end of the day if you ask for it i'll take your money.

I hear ya, i use an electric screwdriver bit and grips to get at the stupid test point.

Btw i just noticed today (never fitted a regular Vaillant for ages) that they still come with the LPG kit (sticker). The combi's have been "get us to do it because you lot are numpties" for a while now.

Btw i just noticed today (never fitted a regular Vaillant for ages) that they still come with the LPG kit (sticker). The combi's have been "get us to do it because you lot are numpties" for a while now.

Yeah I'm sure the sticker kits are extra (rob dogs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Assume a 25kw boiler with a minimum output of...
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking at having controls replaced /...
Replies
Views
Thank you all so much for your replies. I have...
Replies
Views
Back