Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 28 changing AAV | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 28 changing AAV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
My AAV is leaking, it is the type with an o ring around the body that is fixed in to the pump with the u shaped pin. I know that other types have a shut of valve allowing the part to be changed without draining the system, I'm thinking mine will need draining to change it? Could anyone advise please?

The boiler will need draining to do this time for a service call to your GSRI to sort it out .not a expensive job cheers kop

As you need to remove the cover this means you need to be gas safe

Thanks for the advice. I didn't want to drain the system as I've only just refilled with new inhibitor. Reason I found out AAV is leaking was I was just inspecting internally as diverter valve is stuck as upstairs rads are getting warm when running hot water. I know for my boiler that the original brass diverter valve can be replaced with a plastic body unit which is around half the price of the brass unit, would it be a false economy to have a plastic unit fitted. Boiler is approx 6 years old so I'm expecting it to last at least another 6. Work will be done by Gas Safe fitter, but I will get the parts and drain it down as it will be done on mates rates.

Have you asked your mate for advise?
Did he tell you to drain the system?

Leave it to the proffesional is my advice not all valliant parts are interchangeable. cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

O
Sorry all. Been a manic few days. Thanks to...
Replies
Views
OddJobRob
O
A
TRVs open? Any other valves been touched?
Replies
Views
Yes I’m fully aware of the combustion chamber...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
B
Bypass open too much? Close it down and open a...
Replies
Views
Yes it does. I don't know I can't add a link...
Replies
Views
Back