Vaillant ecotec pro 28 f28 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant ecotec pro 28 f28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Been out to this boiler tonight. Open hot or ch demand boiler fires up for about 2 - 3 seconds and then goes off, repeats its self about 4 more times the locks out with f28.

Ive checked the gas valve for resistance.

Checked continuity of gas valve leads.

Check earth to boiler.

Took out spark electrode which is sparking and checked inside burner which is squeeky clean, also condense is not blocked. Fan runs and pump runs.

Any ideas

It doesnt make any noises when alight. Inlet pressure 20mb.
Is there a way to check flame rectification?

sounds like its not sensing a flame i would say probes

give them a clean with some sandpaper

sounds like its not sensing a flame i would say probes

give them a clean with some sandpaper
Could be. But I would also check the working at the valve. Had a faulty regulator before Christmas and when the boiler was on full power was only giving about 6mbar.

Could be. But I would also check the working at the valve. Had a faulty regulator before Christmas and when the boiler was on full power was only giving about 6mbar.

faulty gov? or was it the gas valve

Neither. Have no idea why I typed that. It was a blockage in the mains. I thought it was a faulty gov but when transco came out they found the main incoming to be blocked.

becoming more common these days

Ok
Inlet working at meter 21mb. Inlet working at boiler 20mb. Probes are clean and have been cleaned again with wire wool by my self, I have removed them and are sparking. I've check resistance of gas valve which seems fine and have check earth from probe to boiler casing and boiler casing to pcb and so on. Condense is clear and all harness wires from visual inspection seem fine. I feel like it maybe pcb that is at fault. Any takers? Also , when boiler fires very very briefly burner pressure is -8mb

Ok
Inlet working at meter 21mb. Inlet working at boiler 20mb. Probes are clean and have been cleaned again with wire wool by my self, I have removed them and are sparking. I've check resistance of gas valve which seems fine and have check earth from probe to boiler casing and boiler casing to pcb and so on. Condense is clear and all harness wires from visual inspection seem fine. I feel like it maybe pcb that is at fault. Any takers? Also , when boiler fires very very briefly burner pressure is -8mb

Where are you reading that -8 from?
Have you checked the polarity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you have a hot tap or taps, set your DHW...
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
D
Apologies, I don’t believe it is condensing...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
S
The engineer will have made a judgement call...
Replies
Views
As above. We are very strict on this rule.
Replies
Views
Back