Vaillant EcoTec pro 28 - Slow CH start up | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant EcoTec pro 28 - Slow CH start up in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

A

AndyG1

Hello all,

Im wondering if you can help?

Ive got a Vaillant Ecotech Pro 28 which was installed 9 years back and has worked like a dream all its life, however this Autumn I've unfortunately started to face issues with it. I've noticed that its taking 10-15 mins for the CH to kick in when sending a signal for CH, the hot water on the other hand is working absolutely fine, no issues.

These are the steps of action
1. Send signal via Nest to switch CH to a higher value then room temp
2. Radiator symbol starts flashing
3. 20 seconds later you can hear the boiler firing up
4. 10 seconds later the boiler stops firing up
5. 10-15 mins all you can hear is the fan running
6. After 10-15 mins the boiler finally starts up.

I have not done anything whatsoever to the boiler over the summer and the above has only started happening over the last few weeks.

Im very puzzled as all was completely fine for many years. I've read online and people have mentioned changing the D.0 setting (whatever that is!?) would help and do the trick but I dont know where to start.

Again, just to confirm HW is working as normal its only the CH when being called upon having a delay in start up.

I own a 3 bed Semi with a total of 9 Rads in the house ranging from small (600mm) to large (1800mm) double rads.

ANY HELP on what it could be or what I can change would be super helpful. Also note I am not getting any error messages whatsoever on the screen apart from the Rad symbol flashing.

Thank you all so much for your time.

Andy

The D setting is to range rate the heating, so can be adjusted to suit the number of radiators in your property. Could the heatlink be on its way out or the return path for the switched live.

Yes, so when there’s a call for heat, the nest sends a signal (switched live) back to the boiler, if this isn’t happening at the nest or boiler end, then this could give issues.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks @scott_d It has, its a low drone but...
Replies
Views
The digital does generally overread, also they...
Replies
Views
That should say frost stat (predictive text I...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
Back