Vaillant EcoTec Pro comes on randomly | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant EcoTec Pro comes on randomly in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

I hope one of you good people can help. We have a Vaillant ecoTec Pro boiler, it's about six years old.

Today, for the first time, it's started acting up. By that I mean it's heating the radiators even though the portable thermostat thing that sits down here shows that the temperature is fine.

Additionally, there is no little flame on the thermostat to show that the boiler should be working when it's humming away upstairs.

It was serviced in July.

Now I'm more than happy to be in a position where I have heat as opposed to none at this time of year.......but can anyone shed any light on what might be up?

There are no fault codes on the boiler......it just seems to be doing its own thing. For example, I woke up at 1a.m this morning and realised the radiators were hot!

Any thoughts appreciated.

Is there the option to "reboot" the boiler in case it's just having a moment?

Thank you in advance.

Similar plumbing topics

S
The engineer will have made a judgement call...
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
Thank you all so much for your replies. I have...
Replies
Views
A
TRVs open? Any other valves been touched?
Replies
Views
Is it a heat only boiler?, you say a new pump...
Replies
Views
Back