Vaillant ecotec pro hot water | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant ecotec pro hot water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi Guys

I have a Vaillant eco tec pro 28 at home.
Good boiler, no real problems as of yet.

The only thing is when we run the hot water for the washing up etc it will go hot for a couple of minutes then go cold until I open up tap more. then go hot again.

I haven't really touched up on boilers in college yet, but I am thinking, could this be a small blockage in the heat exchanger?

Its not a massive issue but would like to know your thoughts on this because it will help me with my learning also.

Another thing is, I would like to powerflush the CH system as I had a leak the other day on a TRV and the water was filthy black. so would like to flush it and treat it. The rads are piped up in microbore (which I Hate) but is it ok to flush with microbore or in your experiences does it cause more problems than its worth.

Thanks Guys

I would fit a filter then go for a mains flush, then chemical flush.
You might block the micro bore with a power flush.

Thanks Scott_d, I currently have a Spirotech filter which I flushed through the other day after I fixed the leak.

I have been looking at the magnaclean2, I don't really like these Spirotechs to be honest.

With a mains flush, can I attach hose to lowest rad drain cock and run into outside drain and open filling loop?

Cheers mate

Your diagnosis is spot on now the tricky bit how to clean it out , hotflush ,cold flush , chemical clean for a week, hotflush , cold flush again take out the plate put in a bucket and powerwash it out , rebuild, fill add inhibitor vent job done .

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
If you have a hot tap or taps, set your DHW...
Replies
Views
Yep I think that’s got to be the next step. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeah fully open….it seems to be the boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, So just had power restored again...
Replies
Views
Back