Vaillant ecotec VU 1206/5-5 F29 fault | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant ecotec VU 1206/5-5 F29 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soulman

Hi guys,

Hoping one of you may be able to tell me something I've missed. Bank of 5 boilers, 3 out of 5 showing fault. All were serviced in the summer and were working fine. Until now. In summer boilers had full strip, new electrodes, gaskets, ionisation. All 5 then fired and tested after servicing and were fine. Condenstates are clean, boilers have gas, light for a few seconds then go out and won't relight. Swapped cable harnesses from ionisation of working to none working and still same.

Thinking it might be something simple I've overlooked, vaillant Techical went much use, they said good luck!

Any ideas?

Gas supply temporarily stopped ? no prob with blocked filter ( external or in GV)
flue gas recirculation ?
condensate drain blocked ?
faulty earthing of boilers ?

finally found cause, insulation pad has a securing plate, which somehow had worked its way loose and had dropped half way down the burner. No idea why this has happened on 3 out of 5 but least the problem has been found.

finally found cause, insulation pad has a securing plate, which somehow had worked its way loose and had dropped half way down the burner. No idea why this has happened on 3 out of 5 but least the problem has been found.

Send an email to Vaillant.
May be a new fault they need to know about !

Had similar on a suprima 100L the other day initial readings off the scale, opened it up and half the burner covered with insulation board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be the thermostat/external controls...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Yep, as per post #3 😎
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A
TRVs open? Any other valves been touched?
Replies
Views
Hi, it’s a big old house, 6 bedrooms over 3...
Replies
Views
That should say frost stat (predictive text I...
Replies
Views
Back