Vaillant ecotex 831 - heating only working in service mode | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant ecotex 831 - heating only working in service mode in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

H

Hotpipes

Wishing everyone on tgmhis forum a very happy Christmas!!

I am working on a combi boiler which has problem with heating only. Water is heating normally. Here are the symptoms

1. Signal from thermostat is not firing the boiler. It does not make any sound when heating is on from thermostat.
2. Heating Dial on the boiler does not trigger temperature change on the display screen when turned. Water dial does change the temperature.
3. Low temp/ high temp test in service mode works and radiators are heating.

Given above,
1. Could this be an issue with thermo stat? Does high heat test in service modw work if thermo stat is broken?
2. Could there be an issue with the heating dial on the boiler?

Please help.
Thanks

Is there a rad symbol on the display when heating is on / calling ?

Hot water working ?

In service mode can you up or lower the temperature? If yes, there must be a setting somewhere (check Manual) to increase flame intensity, somehow it must have been set to 0 or turned off in your case. Try resetting the boiler as a first step.

I am not a pro but the same thing happened to me on viessmann, where boiler would only fire at 20% firing rate and will stay there though it worked fine in Serv mode. I contacted tecnical support and they asked me to change the gas control valve! I persisted and google helped me to get into setting to increase flame intensity.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for that - it's now sorted.
Replies
Views
I
I have the exact same problem, 2nd year in a...
Replies
Views
Lee hetherington
L
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
Back