Vaillant expansion vessel playing up | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant expansion vessel playing up in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello,

Just got back from a Vaillant ecotec combi, the customer has had pressure up in the red and water running from safety pipe.

First check was the expansion vessel, with boiler at 1.2 bar the vessel had no air or water coming out when pressed.

I depressurised the boiler and checked schrader valve again, still nothing so i pump it up to 0.75 bar recommended pre charge... As soon as i removed the pump it started to blow all the pressure out of the schrader valve... after blowing out all pressure it started to suck in??? this was proved by putting my manometer on it and almost losing all my liquid in it!!!!

Is it poss to buy just the Zilmet schrader valve? I put a different one in from a car type valve the customer had and it holds better but is passing a tiny tiny bit, i put the plastic seal cap on so it may hold for awhile, the schrader valve was slightly different tho.

The customer is keen to replace just the valve because it seems silly to replace the whole vessel ( money wise ) Can a replacement Zilmet valve be purchased?? I have never seen this fault before, Probs just fitted new vessels... is anyone replacing schrader valves to solve these issues or do you all just change vessels?

Thanks for the link, It looked like that only slightly smaller i believe. I think I will start removing them from boiler rip outs with vessels etc, these little bits come in handy sometime! Like rad pins, i remove them too now... =]

If they look like that then this will be them. As far as I am aware they only come in one size. These are used from cars, to airplane tyres to pressurised air guns. If you know any tyre fitters get a handful from them. I would not reuse old ones as it is only a very thin bit of rubber that creates the seal and easily wears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
I need to read more detail!
Replies
Views
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
ah i see what you mean, just need something...
Replies
Views
Back