Vaillant pressure dial very high | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant pressure dial very high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

hi there

just checking if there is anything else i can do before i get a plumber in to attend to my boiler. yesterday i noticed that the pressure gauge on the Vaillant boiler was off the scale, it was past the red (see pic 1). I checked around and was advised to bleed the radiators which I did last night (I bled 3 out of 5 in the flat) and this brought the pressure gauge down to pic 2, with the arrow pointing to 12 o'clock, but still quite high. Then when I had a shower and left for work this morning the gauge had gone up to the red again, pointing to about 3 o'clock.

Can anyone offer any advice on what the issue might be or what I can do before I call a plumber to come and help?

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190909_071654.jpg
    IMG_20190909_071654.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20190909_213306.jpg
    IMG_20190909_213306.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
You need to make sure that the filling loop is closed and then let some pressure out of the system. (From a radiator).
hi - thanks for this. there is one lever underneath the boiler (almost directly under the dial) which i can open and close to add pressure into the system when it gets a bit low, which i have done in the past. is that what you mean by the filling loop? and then would i just bleed one radiator or all of them? i'm guessing one will be ok if they're all on a loop?

Yes, that is the filling loop and yes from 1 radiator. You need to remove some water. Until about 1.3 bar. If it then rises you need a engineer to visit.
hi - thanks again. I'll check this again tonight and i'll make sure the filling loop lever is closed. But i'm fairly sure it was closed last night when i bled 3 radiators and then the needle only went down to 12 o'clock on the gauge after i bled the first one and it wouldn't go any further down after i bled the other two. so i'm thinking i might have to give the plumber a call?

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the responses, I'll be on the phone...
Replies
Views
Now quoted £1900 to replace existing cylinder...
Replies
Views
Many thanks for your reply. I have checked the...
Replies
Views
Back