vaillant problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss vaillant problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
a neighbours boiler keeps firing up even though the heating is turned off,its costing her £30 a month for gas and she doesn't really use it apart from doing the dishes and the odd bath(electric shower)
i think its a older turbomax

Is it the one with the terquoise control knobs
If so check hot water micro switch on divertor valve on right hand side,could be stuck on,therefore boiler thinks hot tap running,will come on heat up and cut off,then come back on when cools down

Obviously you should be correctly registered to work on boiler :)

Is it the one with the terquoise control knobs
If so check hot water micro switch on divertor valve on right hand side,could be stuck on,therefore boiler thinks hot tap running,will come on heat up and cut off,then come back on when cools down

Obviously you should be correctly registered to work on boiler :)
no its controls are all whitish/grey

a neighbours boiler keeps firing up even though the heating is turned off,its costing her £30 a month for gas and she doesn't really use it apart from doing the dishes and the odd bath(electric shower)
i think its a older turbomax

easy answer to this one vaillant boilers have a warmstart function which keeps the boiler up to a temperature so it can deliver hot water quickly
on newr models its activated by turning the hot water stat up to full and deactivate by tuning the stat right down older models had a switch but for the life of me i cant think how to turn it of on those in between its normally showing a green light when its on warm start all the literature is available on vaillants web site so best to look there

vaillant.................... brilliant boiler............ until it goes wrong!

Your right here and so many items around it, one by one goes and when you have changed few or many as it required, you come to know i was better off replacing the bloody boiler but like a car you spent bit by bit and think well, i spent this much and if i do not spent 10 to 20% now, i have to spent 100% by buying the new boiler so list goes on and you keep wondring which i do?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you got any updates on this?
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a TURBOMax Plus 828E in a small...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Back