Vaillant "Service Heat Generator" Message | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant "Service Heat Generator" Message in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus combi boiler that was installed just over 6 years ago. It has been serviced annually, the most recent service being about 2 months ago. The controller is a Vaillant VRT 350f wireless type. Recently a spanner symbol and a “Service Heat Generator” message have appeared on the controller screen (but not on the boiler itself). Otherwise everything appears to be working normally. I am guessing this is some sort of counter in the boiler that is intended to indicate when a service is due. How can I reset this (or do whatever is required to remove the message on the controller)?

It will tell you in the manual but you are correct, it is either a count down in hours or days or it is date set.
It will be in diagnostics menu.
I had a look at D.084 (Maintenance indicator: number of hours until next maintenance). It was set to "---" (i.e. deactivated. I tried setting it to a value (which made no difference) and then put i back to "---" The controller still shows the spanner message.

I had a look at D.084 (Maintenance indicator: number of hours until next maintenance). It was set to "---" (i.e. deactivated. I tried setting it to a value (which made no difference) and then put i back to "---" The controller still shows the spanner message.
It’s not done via the boiler, but at your vrt350f. I think @Last Plumber was referring to the vrt manual. It’s under the settings, and an access code required, which iirc is 0000 or 1234.

Update: I discovered the relevant setting is in the VRT350 installer level menu. The service date was set to today (I've no idea who did that). I just set a new date next year, and that fixed it.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you all so much for your replies. I have...
Replies
Views
Ask the installer to get his supplier to...
Replies
Views
D
To be fair the VR350F you have is knocking on...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Back