Vaillant ThermoCompact F22 | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant ThermoCompact F22 in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hello dear people of plumbersforum,

I am coming to you in a dire situation as winter is setting in in Scotland and my Boiler just decided to be annoying. About 2 days ago, I woke up freezing, with my radiators ice cold even though my boiler was still perfectly fine the night before. The pressure gauge showed 0 Bar so of course I panicked for a second just to learn that it's one of the easiest things to fix. Got the pressure back up to 1.5 and turned the Boiler back on, which worked until it hit about 70 degrees to which it was set and then it just showed me F22 again, even though the pressure is normal. After that it somehow worked again with many resets after showing F20 once and changes to my heating temperature, and by 10pm my radiators were finally warm again. Next morning I wake up and it's freezing, F22 on my boiler's screen. Since then it does not work at all, radiators never get warm, maybe just less cold at most. It just goes to F22 every 5-10 minutes even though the pressure is in the optimal range of 1.5-2 Bar and there are no visible leaks. It's a Vaillant ThermoCompact which is about 17 years old, but I only have lived here for 3 months. Any experience/tips on what do or is my only option getting a plumber here. Sorry for the phat text box but I have found nothing else describing this situation on the internet.

Hello dear people of plumbersforum,

I am coming to you in a dire situation as winter is setting in in Scotland and my Boiler just decided to be annoying. About 2 days ago, I woke up freezing, with my radiators ice cold even though my boiler was still perfectly fine the night before. The pressure gauge showed 0 Bar so of course I panicked for a second just to learn that it's one of the easiest things to fix. Got the pressure back up to 1.5 and turned the Boiler back on, which worked until it hit about 70 degrees to which it was set and then it just showed me F22 again, even though the pressure is normal. After that it somehow worked again with many resets after showing F20 once and changes to my heating temperature, and by 10pm my radiators were finally warm again. Next morning I wake up and it's freezing, F22 on my boiler's screen. Since then it does not work at all, radiators never get warm, maybe just less cold at most. It just goes to F22 every 5-10 minutes even though the pressure is in the optimal range of 1.5-2 Bar and there are no visible leaks. It's a Vaillant ThermoCompact which is about 17 years old, but I only have lived here for 3 months. Any experience/tips on what do or is my only option getting a plumber here. Sorry for the phat text box but I have found nothing else describing this situation on the internet.
They're a great boiler, so try and keep it if possible.

It's a simple repair but you'll need a GSR to take a look for you.

They're a great boiler, so try and keep it if possible.

It's a simple repair but you'll need a 'Registered Professional Gas Engineer' to take a look for you.

Hey there, thanks a lot for your response. Since I posted this, the boiler actually was running without stop or failure, but m radiators are not heating up so I've been told it's either the pump or a massive air bubble problem that would also most likely be in the pump so nothing I can do at this point. Thank you for your time but I will have to call the professionals on this one. Cheers and take care. :)

Similar plumbing topics

C
In a word, no. Needs a gas safe bod.
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
The digital does generally overread, also they...
Replies
Views
Thanks, it looks like the main heat exchanger...
Replies
Views
This morning still hissing then I turned the...
Replies
Views
Back