Vaillant Turbo Max combi boiler pressure & HW problems | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant Turbo Max combi boiler pressure & HW problems in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr_B1ggz

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you could kindly help me with some issues I am having with my boiler system?

I have a Vaillant Turbo Max combi boiler which I have been having a couple of issues with. The first problem is the pressure on the boiler is always low, at about 0.4 bar. About a month ago my Dad was trying to increase the pressure but accidently ended up draining the system which meant we had no hot water. A plumber came and fixed everything up, aired the system from the radiators and set the pressure back to 1.2 bar. However, the pressure started to decrease within a week and is currently back down to 0.8 bar.

This brings me on to my second problem. After the above fix, everytime we now use hot water at any point including the shower, the boiler makes a whirring noise which gets louder and then stops (sounds a bit like a plane taking off!). It keeps doing this in regular intervals until you turn the tap/shower off. I have noticed that the tempreture also fluctuates at the same time. For example the noise will start when the temperature reads 69 degrees on the boiler and stops when it reads 83 degrees a few seconds later. This keeps happening everytime the temperature drops to 69 degrees, which is every 5 seconds or so. If I turn the hot water temperature down from the boiler, the same noise occurs but not as loud.

I would appreciate any help on what you may think is causing these problems or if they are even connected? The boiler has been installed for 7 years if that helps.

Many thanks in advance,
H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Back