Vaillant turbomax plus 824e | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant turbomax plus 824e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

josh

Hey guys, hope everyone is well,

got the boiler named above to go look at "heating working fine but no hot water" the light doesnt change over and flash when hot tap opened up.

found a manual online and having a look but doesnt have much on fault finding in it and havn't been out to this paticular boiler before.
does the diverter microswitch click the light on the front of the boiler over to show DHW demand or the hall effect?

Want to have more of an understanding before i turn up if possible.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Sounds like the diverter actuators fubared. Remove the the head and turn the boiler of and on, it should go through a test mode. Extending and then retracting, if it does its actuator. While the heads removed move the internal pin. I can't remember whether it's in or out for hot water, so move it to the opposite of where you find it, and try the hot water again.
If you do get it to the actuator, replace the whole thing. If the pin is difficult to move it'll burn out the new motor.

Diverter are common on vaillants! You might see the old ones been leaking & seized!

Could also be the flow switch maybe!?

Not true, some people fit nasty intergas boilers ;)

couldnt help myself :)[/QUOTE]

Josh
Just don't touch the iso valves for flow and return, they will pish everywhere when topping back up

another issue with vaillants, those bloody screwed isolators that seize in two minutes flat, I love those lovley ballofix ones intergas use, reliable little bleeders. re failed boilers leo, read the manual, need the secret installer codes as well to make em work :) what failed on them then?

another issue with vaillants, those bloody screwed isolators that seize in two minutes flat, I love those lovley ballofix ones intergas use, reliable little bleeders. re failed boilers leo, read the manual, need the secret installer codes as well to make em work :) what failed on them then?

Water flow sensor, and explosive ignition. Fixed under warranty.

arrrrrrrrrrrgh dirty system and co2 settings would be my thoughts on those 2. they have changed the flow sensors now as they were prone to clogging if there is any flux or crud nearby, but having said that, I have had a dud sensor straight out the box on a new boiler as well. did the gas vavle need swapping out on the ignition problem, not had any issues on them yet.

First one was crud in the mains water, second wasn't co mixture. It was electrodes or ignition stuff. Can't remember now. They made about five visits!

First one was crud in the mains water, second wasn't co mixture. It was electrodes or ignition stuff. Can't remember now. They made about five visits!

makes sense apart fm the no of visits, was it a subbie or their own lads doing the callouts, they have cut back on subbies quite a bit, thank god.

Yes he was a subby, but he's now direct. He used to do the courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

(cont'd) Anyway, fairly keen for someone to...
Replies
Views
It could be, but could also be another wire...
Replies
Views
Burger
B
2021 and I have still got my trusty turbomax...
Replies
Views
Jiten bulsara
J
Hi, it’s a big old house, 6 bedrooms over 3...
Replies
Views
Back