Vaillant turbomax plus 828e blowing fuse. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant turbomax plus 828e blowing fuse. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

flesi

Gas Engineer
Hello guys, I've the same issue with turbomax plus in two different properties. Basically costumers left the boiler off while they been away for few days, they've come back , turned the boiler on and the boiler keeps blowing fuses on the PCB. Has anyone come across this before? Cheers

Something's drawing to much power disconnect as much wireing from pcb as possible reconnect one at a time to see whats doing it

I've done that, the boiler stays on for probably a minute , tries to fire up then it blows the fuse. Obviously it's short circuit , it's got to be a motor and I think is a fan. I just want a second opinion as the fan it's about £200.

if there's no demand does the boiler still trip?if not how far in the sequence does it get befor tripping

Pump runs but the fan doesn't kick on then it blows the fuse. As I said both boilers have been working fine before they've been switched off for couple of days.

It baffles me why on both occasions the issue occurs after the boiler has been off for couple of days????

Have you tryed checking for voltage at pcb fan conection or at fan it's self befor it trips what about ohms just to be sure

When you say off do you meen on stand by or switched off at spur? a sudden serge of power can help things that are on there way out

It's 240v going to the fan , haven't check for resistance

Check aps isn't shorted . I know it's out of sequence but if it's stuck ?!

Boilers normally warm and dry, when off cold damp air comes in, once energised if any of the winding has frayed its a short, coil burns out and it's goodnight Vienna !

Volts at fan and its not running I'd say your right, funny it's happened on two boilers at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Best to get a gas safe engineer or vaillant...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a TURBOMax Plus 828E in a small...
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
Back