Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828e F60 Fault | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828e F60 Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewat66

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I was asked to attend a faulty boiler. Turbomax Plus 828e. When i arrived customer said boiler has been working fine then stopped. Customer said fault code showing was F60 and according to manual states 'electronic defect'. He switched the boiler off and back on and then there was noting being displayed and boiler not working. New PCB board. This was fitted and all working as should.
I received a call the next day stating that the boiler worked fine for 8 hours then biler keeps going into lock out and F28 code now appearing. There are a few options on this but has anyone had anything similar happen to them and what was the solution as as the PCB board had gone was there a trigger or earlier problem that led to this?
Boiler now takes 3-4 goes at relighting then lasts about 45-60 mins then back into lockout,
Thanks
Kewat66

No water in anything electric?
Looking at the manual it appears to be something ignition related, have a look at the ignition assembly and the possibly Gas valve.

If you've changed the PCB you have to alter the little jumper plug to correspond with the make of gas valve, if not it buggers the ignition pressure setting........ It could be some thing else but certainly check the step (ignition) pressure

As you remove the cover to expose the pcb it's found on the rhs, it's not very big so good eyesight required its a black jumper plug that covers two pins......... If you have a Honeywell gas valve it covers 1&2 if it's a sit valve then 2&3 and check to see you have 3/4 millibar on ignition, fault may lie elsewhere and may just be a coincidence but if it's a sit valve they can sometimes stick and the Honeywell as a diode built into the lead but that generally kills pcb on first power up, hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a TURBOMax Plus 828E in a small...
Replies
Views
[F.54 Gas pressure fault (in combination with...
Replies
Views
Can I have your gas reg number please so I can...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back