vaillant vcw sine 18 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss vaillant vcw sine 18 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know how to take gas inlet pressure on this beast of a boiler and gas valve.there is a test nipple on the gas inlet pipework buts it's behind the boiler and impossible to get at..or is it..and i'm after the manual.

Last edited:
Have a butcher's here

[DLMURL="http://www.gotogasdocs.co.uk/boiler-manuals/232-vaillant"]Vaillant Free Boiler Manuals Free Gas Manuals[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can't get to the nipple gas rate it.

from memory isnt there a test nipple just above the gas valve on the inlet to burner
left of dead center as you look at it or if its room sealed i think its on base of combustion chamber looking down again to the left of gasvalve you can do inlet working preasure from by the gas shut of valve on the jig

Just been to one of these today, I could manage to get to the inlet pressure, it is on the side of the gas valve right at the back, a pain to get to. Anyway i checked the burner pressure which should have been 10.6mb it was 12.5 and the combustion ratio was reading 0.0056. very high. Does anyone no how to adjust the burner pressure on these boilers???? I'm struggling

these old beasts were never made to be combustion tested ,is it this one with the little wire sealed door/flap on the front of the solenoid for adjustment im just getting the book but its a long download

pictures in the book ive found dont show it clear but im sure it was under a cap or flap that was wire sealed on right side above the solenoid its definately not the adjusting screw near the base of the solenoid thats a slow ignition device

Adjusting the inlet pressure isn't going to affect the readings.
It needs a strip down service.

I have stripped it down and cleaned, the burner pressure was up to 12.5mb should be 10mb according to mi. The ratio was about 0.0056. Some one said that after a service the ratios will be higher than normal for a while until it settles, how true is this. ??? I had to AR it anyway until I can work it out. Was hoping I could make some adjustments on it. Although its very old

Ok just to finish this thread off:

Went back to the boiler today. Check ratios. 0.0056 again. Well high. Burner pressure 14mb. Well high. Took boiler to pieces to out heat ex changer, straightened out all the fins, cleaned of all the calcium spots all over it, noticed a big split in the heat exchanger and a big hole on the back. Cleaned burner and put heat ex changer back. Adjusted burner pressure back to 10.6 mb as MI stated, (As someone said I think it was Ray, the burner pressure adjustment is under a sealed flap above the differential valve) and fired it up! Took my ratios again and it was 0.0008 - 0.0012.

Very happy with that! Anyway I ID it in the end because the case had a small split in it, I rang Gas safe technical and they said I was not being over cautious to ID it.

New boiler time. Thanks for the help...... Till next time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the replies. I had another...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
Back