Valiant Boiler. Water is hot then cold. Intermitent. Heating ok. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Valiant Boiler. Water is hot then cold. Intermitent. Heating ok. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

masterdineen

Hello everyone.

I have a valiant bolier. The heating is fine.

But when showering or any taps are used. Hot water comes through but then goes back

down to cold. Then goes back up and back to cold again.

What could this be.

Many thanks

Rob

could be thermista or blocked plate heat exch, or various things. Get a Gas safety repair engineer

what is the best way to diagnose myself. what should i check first?

It's illegal to work on it mate. as others have said get a GSR out :)

o ok then, fair enough.

Thank you everyone for your advice and information.

could someone tell me what dhw heating exchanger i would need for my valiant eco tech 937

i search for heat exchanger for valiants, and i get all sorts

The 937 is a storage combi, you could spend a lot more money trying to fix it yourself than if you called in an expert

Armourer. You didn't read the question did you. I asked what was the specific part was. I want to source the part instead of being charged over the top. There are so many dodgy B-a-s-t-a-r-d-s. I've already been told i cant do it myself.

you will save yourself a lot of heartache if you get a valiant qualified engineer in ... it will save you time and money in the long term...

part no can be obtained direct from the manufacturer if you quote model and serial number

Armourer. You didn't read the question did you. I asked what was the specific part was. I want to source the part instead of being charged over the top. There are so many dodgy B-a-s-t-a-r-d-s. I've already been told i cant do it myself.

You might well end up with a new ornament for the mantelpiece by ordering before it's been properly diagnosed. The advice given is possibilities - that's it. Get a GSR engineer in who will check the boiler. They will then diagnose & tell you what & if a part needs replacing.

You might just find that no part is needed as it can be cleaned by a GSR engineer and end up saving you money. Cheers

all done i sorted it. thank you everyone for you help. nice one

well. I took it off the wall. Then took piece by piece off at a time. Cleaned each part with a tooth brush.

then rebuilt it. Plumbed it backup. Now my water is red hot. :gunsmilie: Bobs your uncle.

well. I took it off the wall. Then took piece by piece off at a time. Cleaned each part with a tooth brush.

then rebuilt it. Plumbed it backup. Now my water is red hot. :gunsmilie: Bobs your uncle.[/QUOTE

Well, my Sunday's now complete :smug2:

lol, glad you saw the funny side. British gas changed the Heat exchanger and put a filter in. After 3 services from british gas. None of the engineers recommended a filter. How crazy it that. Now they want to charge us £225 for the heat exchanger. GOOD ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Oil fired combis I think produce DHW at ~ 80C...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Look at a Viessman 222 10 year manufacturers...
Replies
Views
Back