Valiant Eco Tech Plus Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Valiant Eco Tech Plus Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

*Victoria*

I'm such an ejit - opened up the valves to increase the pressure and I somehow managed to walk away without closing them!

The pressure is now too high, with the needle sitting in the red. I have bled the radiator to reduce the pressure, admittedly I left the valves open at the first attempt :( Second attempt reduced it nicely, gave the heating a blast this morning for an hour and the needle is now back in the red.

Advice greatly appreciated. Many thanks for reading.

If you know how to, and you have one fitted on your heating system, fit a hose to the drain-off point, run it to outside and open up the valve. close it when the pressure gets down to about 1bar.. :) Otherwise get a plumber in. IMO ... There's a drain point on the boiler too I believe?

There is a small tap thingy fitted to the house which I recall the central heating man used to drain water when he bled the rads after the boiler was fitted, or was it before! :) I've used that and the boiler is now at 1bar. Will keep my eye on it.

Thank you so much for your help.

PS What's the difference between bleeding the radiator and using the tap thingy?

bleeding gets air out of the system, the tap thingy drains water. :)

and Diamondgas is right there are 2 drain points under the boiler, if you look at the boiler the to larger outside copper pipes(flow and return) there are 2 small square nuts under the boiler than can be undone

the pressure will change between the boiler being hot/on and cold/off. if you have the pressure at 1-1.5 when cold then you are fine.

I'm pleased to report all is now well :) Thank you all for your advice and handy tips - very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
You have a blockage from a dirty system needs...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Back