Valiant Ecotech plus 824 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Valiant Ecotech plus 824 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Garry Crisp

Hi
I have the above boiler with British gas wireless clock Thats a real pain for sending a signal to the boiler . the all in one programmer and room stat has even been moved upstairs and has been re paired and is still a pain , some times it works sometimes it dont .

Time to change it i feel , its basically a Digistat . ?

Can any one advise me on a replacement and how to wire it please

All digistats are a real ache in my opinion.
Buy whichever unit to like and the wiring instructions are in the box.
Good luck;)

I agree with the above but if you must have one I'd go for a Honeywell cm727 or 927

Had very little problems with the honeywells as well, a much better unit than the Drayton cack.

:iagree:

Dodging the flack that is coming.... If you are worried about wiring, Salus now do a unit where the receiver plugs straight into the front of the boiler.

Have just registered as a newbie homeowner ( sadly, no plumbing knowledge). This
is also a question about a suitable thermostat for a Vaillant Echotech combi.

The plumber who connected a Siemens RDJ10 wireless programmer to our Ecotech thought it was the Bees Knees. We thought it was pretty useless, until, after threatening to conk out for months ( less than 2 years old), it finally died over Christmas.

In a hurry, we accidentally ended up with the RDH10 - worse than useless. It cannot even switch the heating on or off! One dial that has to be fiddled with throughout the day, and last person to go to bed has to remember to turn down the temperature. What is the point of this gadget, or am I missing something?

Any programmable reliable alternatives- wired or wireless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

So, I lowered the radiator temp to ~55 degrees...
Replies
Views
Yes it does. I don't know I can't add a link...
Replies
Views
? 'Heat Only' No No heat currently Not sure...
Replies
Views
I had A similar experience with my ecotec 418...
Replies
Views
Awesome thanks.
Replies
Views
Back