Valiant Thermo-compact boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Valiant Thermo-compact boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

perrini

Help. Our hot water is working fine, but every time I put the central heating on the pressure gauge on the boiler moves to the red area. Is there a simple way to fix this?
I read on a web site that I can relieve the pressure by bleeding a radiator. However I just wanted to check this was correct before I tried it.
Thanksx

What is the pressure at when the system is cold? If it rises quite quickly then it sounds like you may have a problem with your expansion vessel. Unless you know what you are doing then I would get a reliable plumber in to have a look.
You can relieve the pressure by bleeding a rad or draining down partially but this would be a temporary measure as either the charge in your expansion vessel is gone and needs recharging or its burst and would need it replaced.

You need a gas safe registered engineer to take a look at it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Thanks Enthalpy, Your conclusion is exactly...
Replies
Views
Back