Valiant turbomax 824 no hot water possible diverter valve | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Valiant turbomax 824 no hot water possible diverter valve in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi I have a valiant turbomax 824e that is not producing hot water for the taps.
The central heating works fine, but if I have the CH on or off the hot water doesn't work reliably. It will sometimes fire up and produce some hot water for about 10/20 seconds but very rarely does really hot come out. When I turn the heating on the boiler fires up, Orange light goes on, and starts heating the water. but this does not happen when I just turn the hot water on, no Orange light and no hot water, or orange light comes on for a short period, a bit of warm water and eventually goes cold and light goes out.
I'm guessing it could be the diverter valve and I have changed the Heater exchange in the past 6 years ago.
We haven't changed the scale Inhibitor for a few years until now which will have caused issues.

Any ideas on test I can do to isolate the problem. I possibly could replace the diverter valve but would appreciate any advice before I make any changes.

Thanks Abe

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
Heating will run until hot gets up to...
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Are you sure the taps arnt off the mains as...
Replies
Views
Back