valiant turbomax pro expantion vessel | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss valiant turbomax pro expantion vessel in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

benny_headland

hello all!

went to a job today with my boss to look at a problem with a valiant turbomax pro, basically they kept loseing pressure and we we topped it up and ran the central heating and the pressure in the system went up very quickly and eventually the pressure relief valve went off!

ok welll we worked out that the expantion vessel has either lost its pressure or is just f*&ed ? tho we are aware some expantion vessels can be recharged!

what id like to know is can these expantion vessels on the turbomax pro be recharged? and the best way of doing it? obviously draining the pressure out the system first!

iv already found the correct pressure for the vessel in the intallation manual wich is 0.75 bar :D

Ben

Atlantis Heating

Remove the vessel, re pressurise with a pump, bike pump will do.
Re check pressure and re- check again. If the pressure didn't drop then you may be lucky, refit and refill the system.
I imagine the diaphragm is knackered though, if you can't keep static pressure.
Then new unit is required.

good stuff thanks for that! my boss seams to think we should be able to tho i am sceptical because water is drawing out of the air refil point so i can only imagen the diaphram is knakered as you say!

I have recharged expansion vessels, but they always loose their pressure, sooner than later, in my opinion change the vessel. It's either the bladder has gone inside or the scroeder valve is leaking, either way, replace is best way to cure.

Yeah I'd say its f**ked. Saves having to remove it again, plus vessels aren't that dear tbh.

If water is coming out then it's no good. I would say if it's expensive and difficult to change, you could consider a remote vessel. Put it in the airing cupboard and t in to the heating pipework somewhere. I had to change a vessel on an old Vaillant the other week. It involved the boiler coming off the wall because it had been installed about 6 inches below the kitchen ceiling. Was a nightmare, took me most of the day. Although I did change the diverter valve too.

If water is coming out then it's no good. I would say if it's expensive and difficult to change, you could consider a remote vessel. Put it in the airing cupboard and t in to the heating pipework somewhere. I had to change a vessel on an old Vaillant the other week. It involved the boiler coming off the wall because it had been installed about 6 inches below the kitchen ceiling. Was a nightmare, took me most of the day. Although I did change the diverter valve too.

yes we changed this this morning with instant results, tho we had the same problem as you! the boiler had to come off the wall, what a ball ache! :/ tho all is good

thanks for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back