Vallant Boiler ecoTEC plus 618 | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vallant Boiler ecoTEC plus 618 in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jube

Hi all

Hope you can advice me on what to do next. I have had this boiler for 15 months and we are getting the code f28 meaning the boiler is not igniting. I have carried out a diagnostic test from the manual but ignition problems appear to be on the level 2 diagnostic test which I cannot access. There is gas coming into premises has our gas fire is working. I know I may need to call out a heating engineer but I am so annoyed because this boiler is a relatively new one, Can anybody advice on possible reason for this problem. Thanks :mad:

low pressure

refill boiler to 1.5 bar,this is done under boiler/internal filling point,with flat head screw driver

They have to work on their filling points

press reset,if not sure press buttons on boiler once red light should go out and boiler operate

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for response but I have checked pressure I should have said that in first post. It is on 1.5 bar. Thanks for prompt response

well if pressure ok and you have reset and still not working,you should make sure gas supply ok ie pay meter and main isolation valve near meter not closed,if ok you require a gas engineer as maybe gas valve stuck,not uncommon fault or ignition problem

Last edited by a moderator:
If the flue terminal is accesable and you can smell gas from it when the boiler is atempting to ignite then you most likely have an ignition fault, if no gas smell then possibly the control valve is at fault, the onboard electronic are not that clever to tell you which so dont bother going there.
Martin.

Thank you all for your good advice,, now the killer question any ideas on cost of repairs.

jube

Sorry but without knowing what it is! How long is a peice of string????
Martin

Thank you. Will call out heating engineer and hope for the best..

Hi payney1974, warranty has run out, if we had got serviced we would have got an extra year, however we didnt and now we may have to pay a heavy price.....

had same problem with an ecoec plus,gas valve fault,you will need to call out an rgi.

I think Vaillant boilers may have a 2 year warrenty, worth checking but there mybe conditions.
Martin.

Thanks for all your advice. We were looking at boiler earlier and hubby took off front and tapped it and it started up again, dont know how long for but we will see.

Leg broke off a capacitor on the board for a guess its the square one on the right hand side as you look at the board just under the ignition coil right next to coil hard to see though did one a few weeks ago no ignition un soldered it soldered a piece of wire on it and put back in board been fine since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Gut feeling is PCB Time for someone...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
From October, why not ask your installer...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Back