Valliant Boiler Not Working Correctly | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Valliant Boiler Not Working Correctly in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BoBBYI986

Hi everyone,I have a strange problem with my boiler, it works fine for a while then stops completely, it's supposed to come on when i put the hot water tap on also the shower but sometimes it doesn't until I completely kill the power to the boiler by tripping it out on the master fuse box, once I've done that it will work fine again for a while then stop. If any of you guys could assist me I will be very greatful. Thankyou.

You could have more than one fault, if you dont know anything about the workings of boilers just call a GSR engineer or get Vaillant out on a fix'd price repair. What model vaillant do you have.? How old ?

Hi, Many thanks for your reply, I have a Valliant Ecosys boiler approximatly 6 years old, been working great since I've had it, up until now, I am no gas engineer so don't know anything about boilers. I have called up Vaillant and they will charge me £260 for a fixed price repair. Is it worth going ahead with this? or from the sounds of things is it an easy fix? or will i require parts? Thanks for your help

Hi, for the £260 they told me that most parts are covered and so it labour. But judging from the symptoms I've listed, what do you think it could be? Thanks

It could be something cheap like a flow switch or something more expensive like a PCB. Or a number of things. There's no real way of telling without looking.

You can ask a local engineer to have a look. It might work out cheaper. Its up to you, but don't try and have ago yourself.

With the cost of some parts calling out Vaillant is best bet, just a couple of parts could cost more than Vaillants call out

I will call Valliant back and get them to come and fix it then, thanks for all your help and advice guys much apreciated.

Don't forget to come back and let us know what the problem was.

Hi guys, the boiler had error code F22 and had dropped below 0.3bar on the pressure gauge, I just filled the boiler to around 1.8 bar on the guage and fixed the error code F22.

Thanks for the update.

Well done re-pressurising the system. Keep an eye on the guage as it may drop again if there is a problem. Also 1.8bar is a bit too high.

Hi, yeah I just downloaded the boilers manual and had a look at what the error codes ment, also found a video tutorial on how to re-pressurise the system, so hopefully it's ok now, but I will keep an eye on the pressure guage and see if it drops or not, if it does I will have to call out Valliant to do a repair, but I'm hoping it doesn't. If I do need to call out Valliant I will post back with my results of what the problem was. Many thanks for all your help and your very fast responses :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Gut feeling is PCB Time for someone...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Back